The Maine Association of Certified Professional Midwives (MACPM) is a state chapter of the National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM). NACPM is a professional association committed to significantly increasing women’s access to quality maternity care by supporting the work and practice of Certified Professional Midwives. NACPM’s purpose is to contribute to a new era in maternity care by inspiring and engaging CPMs to be an organized force for change.
- Advocates for CPMs to the public, to state and federal legislators and to health care policy makers
- Addresses barriers to practice for CPMs including reimbursement and advocacy for a path to licensure for CPMs in all 50 states
- Secures a “seat at the table” for CPMs in the larger maternity care world by representing CPMs in national coalitions and to other national organizations
- Participates on behalf of CPMs in key national collaborations to improve maternity care
- Provides clinical practice resources and support to CPMs
For more information about NACPM visit http://www.nacpm.org/